After registering to use the forum you will receive an automatic acknowledgement followed by another email a few hours later after your application has been approved. Please check your spam box if neither email arrives. If still a problem please write to us via ‘Contact us’ above.

MINI CAR CLUB

In your country you can:
a) Look up details of Mini/MINI clubs.
b) Submit details of clubs in your country.
Forum notes - Please read

The details for the clubs listed were supplied by users of the Mini Cooper Forum and NOT by the Mini Cooper Forum itself.

If other forum members should have any concerns about a club listed would they please send a PM (Personal Message) to the forum administrator. Adverse discussion on the forum about a club is not encouraged. On the other hand endorsement by other forum users is welcomed.

The Mini Cooper Forum reserves the right to remove a club from the list. In the unlikely event that this is necessary the forum user who originally entered the details will be informed either by PM or email and why.

Please note that we will introduce subdivisions to cover states, counties, territories, departments, etc. as and when we receive entries.

Hanlminiman
Gloucestershire
England

MINI CAR CLUB

Postby Hanlminiman » 12 Jul 2017, 07:14

I have been looking through the classified ads from an early 1967 magazine and came across this one. Perhaps the more senior amongst us or even historians may be able to shed some light on the club and whether its first project happened.
"MINI CAR CLUB
President : Mr Alec Issigonis
Applications are invited for membership of the MINI CAR CLUB.
For details as to benefits and projects write to The Secretary, MINI CAR CLUB, (address in Bournemouth)
FIRST PROJECT
Grand Rally at Beaulieu Palace (By kind permission of Lord Montagu of Beaulieu)"
On the same page was an ad for a "1964 Morris Mini Crayford tourer, 1 owner, low mileage, new tyres (!!!!!) £395 - just right for a day a Beaulieu at the Grand Rally?
Any ideas Graham?
Cliff

GrahamWRobinson
Itabuna, Bahia
Brazil

Re: MINI CAR CLUB

Postby GrahamWRobinson » 15 Jul 2017, 16:16

Cliff, do you have the Bournemouth address you mention?

Graham

GrahamWRobinson
Itabuna, Bahia
Brazil

Re: MINI CAR CLUB

Postby GrahamWRobinson » 12 Jul 2017, 09:28

Cliff, that's quite a surprise. During my time in Bournemouth I never heard of the MINI CAR CLUB. However you are talking of 1967 and I didn't arrive there until 1971. Presumably Beaulieu would have some information in their reference library on the event the club ran.

What is the address given in Bournemouth? That might give me a bit of a clue.

Intriguing! Let's see if we can find out more!

Graham

Return to “Mini/MINI Clubs Around the World”