After registering to use the forum you will receive an automatic acknowledgement followed by another email a few hours later after your application has been approved. Please check your spam box if neither email arrives. If still a problem please write to us via ‘Contact us’ above.

1990 998 John Cooper Conversion cylinder head

(1990 – 2000)
cooperd1970
London
England

1990 998 John Cooper Conversion cylinder head

Postby cooperd1970 » 06 Feb 2018, 15:51

All,

I have an original JC conversion that has been fitted to the 1990 Flame that I own. It has been on the car since the car was purchase from Rover (Swindon) in Nov 1990.

I wondered if anyone has any information on what the inlet port size is on these heads? Or were different heads used for these kits which means the ports vary in size? I believe that they were made by Janspeed for Cooper Cars, but have also heard that companies like MiniSpares were also commissioned to work some of them. I am also led to believe that they were classed as Stage III heads?!

I know that there is a JC Conversion Facebook page, but I have never been a Facebook member {and never want to be}. So can't ask the guys there, unless anyone on here knows another method on contacting the owners of the page {maybe one is a member here}!

I'm thinking of fitting the Maniflow inlet manifold in the near future and they supply two different port sizes for twin 1 1/4 SU's and I don't know which one I require.

Any info/leads would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Return to “Rover Cooper”