After registering to use the forum you will receive an automatic acknowledgement followed by another email a few hours later after your application has been approved. Please check your spam box if neither email arrives. If still a problem please write to us via ‘Contact us’ above.

Lombard Rally Bath 2018

(All about classic Minis, Mini Coopers and new MINI)
[Includes sub forum on HRCR Mini Sport Mini Challenge]
Cooperman
The Fens
England

Lombard Rally Bath 2018

Postby Cooperman » 07 Aug 2018, 17:12

Anyone else on here doing this? It looks like a lot of fun and a chance to meet up with a lot of old friends.

It is stated as being 'non-competitive'. Oh yeah!!!

Cooperman
The Fens
England

Re: Lombard Rally Bath 2018

Postby Cooperman » 22 Sep 2018, 18:48

As a mark of respect to a fantastic driver and really good bloke, the late Barrie Williams Cooper 'S', 120MNP, the first Cooper 'S' to win an International Rally ('64 Welsh) will head the field on this event.

worksminis
England

Postby worksminis » 11 Aug 2018, 19:49

I'd be interested to hear the exact route of the Wiscombe "test". The 76 RAC stage went down the hill and on up Whitmoor Drive, the unsurfaced road to the north that was used for paddock access until it suffered a land slip at a vital narrow point in the 90s. Has it been reinstated now? Given the steep slope at the edge it was never economical to reinstate when I was volunteering at Wiscombe (most of the replaced spectator fencing along the top straight is my work over the winter of 1997/8 and I showed them how to get grass to grow on a vertical bank near the top!).
The top paddock was partially tarmaced around the same time. It used to be a quagmire in the wet (as most of Wiscombe was/is...). On the 76 RAC there was a late road book amendment to start the stage on the top access road (escape road if coming up the hill) rather than the hill climb finish because the top paddock was impassable.
Porlock (having actually been run down hill, on the 64 RAC) was scheduled to be run down hill in 76 - but saner minds prevailed and another late amendment changed it to up hill, with double usage of the A road before and after the stage.

worksminis
England

Postby worksminis » 09 Aug 2018, 22:10

No, I did the original Bath RAC in 76.

(wearing even more ridiculous headgear - when not wearing helmet - than Tim Nash is pictured in at the start on the web site...)

Return to “Competition”