After registering to use the forum you will receive an automatic acknowledgement followed by another email a few hours later after your application has been approved. Please check your spam box if neither email arrives. If still a problem please write to us via ‘Contact us’ above.

Project Tadger

(Let us know about the latest chapter of your project)
blueovalcraig
Rothesay
Scotland

Project Tadger

Postby blueovalcraig » 05 Aug 2017, 19:42

Hi everyone. I thought I should start a project thread for my 1992 Cooper project - Project Tadger.

It all started about 3 years ago when a mate of mine bought a mini to do up. He had it about three weeks, ripped it apart started fitting door steps then took ill. He offered me the car at a reasonable price so I took him up on his offer and it has been sitting on my drive under cover ever since.

I have a shed in my back garden which is about the size of a triple garage and would be ideal for working on the mini, the only problem is my house is mid terraced meaning I have no way of getting the car round there. My plan is to strip it on the drive to a bare shell then, with my neighbours permission, get a few mates round to carry it through their garden, over the fence and into my shed. I just hope it's possible.

You may have seen my post in the introductions section but here are a few photos of the car the day I got it. I have never driven it nor head it running. The engine will get a full rebuild teaching my 8 year old Son how it all works throughout the rebuild. The rust will be cut out and replaced with as many heritage/ m-machine panels as required. May as well do it right.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1992 Rover Mini Cooper

blueovalcraig
Rothesay
Scotland

Re: Project Tadger

Postby blueovalcraig » 14 Aug 2017, 19:22

Cheers Island Blue. I look forward to being able to give updates. The car isn't as bad as many projects I've seen.
1992 Rover Mini Cooper

Island Blue
Sussex
England

Postby Island Blue » 14 Aug 2017, 07:57

Good luck with this, look forward to seeing updates.

Funny to think that your car is 25 years old but looks better in places than my '69 car did in 1986, mind you I think the Rover cars tended to be better looked after than the original cars were when they were new.
"The public don't know what they want; it's my job to tell them" - Alec Issigonis

blueovalcraig
Rothesay
Scotland

Postby blueovalcraig » 05 Aug 2017, 20:08

1992 Rover Mini Cooper

blueovalcraig
Rothesay
Scotland

Postby blueovalcraig » 05 Aug 2017, 19:52

Looks like I'll need to replace the rocker shaft!

1992 Rover Mini Cooper

Return to “Your Mini rebuild – How’s it going?”